As of 2019, there are 7.83 million Indian users on Twitter, a really staggering number. But we only hear from a countable few on a daily basis and of those, a small percentage are women. We thought it was time to look beyond the numbers – followers, retweets, likes – and find the women who fly below our radars but continue to use Twitter in a productive and positive way!
How do we do that? Considering the sheer volume of people, it would be difficult to do it on an individual basis, so we turned to the next best option: YOU. We would like you to nominate your favourite woman user on Twitter or even yourself if you think you fit. A select few of those nominated have some exciting surprises in store for them!
But before you hurry onto nominations, just a few points to keep in mind. We are looking for those women whose voices get lost in the general noise on Twitter everyday. Please do keep our criteria for nominations in mind.
- They should have less than or equal to 15k followers.
- They should be active on Twitter and make at least weekly updates.
- Their communication and content should be positive.
- There should be no shaming, no abuse, no toxicity in their tweet content.
- They are creating some kind of impact through their work/presence on Twitter
- They should have positive communication with their followers and other Twitter handles. Please keep in mind that we will ask you to provide examples of the above.
We’re looking for women in a few categories, listed below. If you feel like someone you know or you yourself fit into any of the categories, don’t hesitate to nominate!
- Other (Please describe)
How do you nominate? Well, it’s simple. Just head over here and fill in the form with all relevant details. Note: We have not asked for any private details, so please do not share more than is asked for.
And that’s it! Nominations close on January 31st 2019, so don’t miss the deadline to nominate your favourite women on Twitter!